AWS Senior Solutions Architect - Sacramento, CA
Local OR West Coast location is preferred
AWS Senior Solutions Architect and administrator with experience of large migrations to AWS.
We require a solutions/network engineer with significant experience using of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, and AWS CloudFront). Your broad responsibilities will include: defining and executing the AWS implementation architecture for 400+ AWS servers to support more than a dozen custom applications (Linux, Java, PHP, Postgres) that are accessed by millions of users.
We require deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad knowledge on how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our team. You will lead efforts to migrate 100’s of servers from a legacy data center to AWS. You will be key member of a 10 person team undertaking this large new project .
- Advanced knowledge of AWS services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, and AWS CloudFront, Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Block Storage, and Simple Storage Service)
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Advanced knowledge of virtual environment server and infrastructure hosting and overall architecture – VMware services – Security, Data Center and Cloud solutions, Virtualization Management, Storage, etc.
- AWS certifications
- Experience migrating large numbers of servers and applications from non-AWS environments to AWS.
- Extensive Linux administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related field
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- infrastructure architecture
- content distribution
- IP networking
- IT security
- performance tuning
- systems operations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements
- Ability to scope and size technical activities and articulate resource and time variables
- DevOps engineering experience, especially AWS DevOps
- Software development experience
- Experience migrating custom software applications from development into test and production
- Experience with Docker
- Relational database experience, especially Postgres
- Java experience