The California Community College (CCC) system is comprised of 113 colleges, spread across 72 community college districts throughout the State of California. The CCC’s comprise one of the largest higher education systems in the world and enrolls approximately 4 million students across the State of California each year.
The CCCTC has become the nation’s most innovative state education technology center through its Online Education Initiative (OEI). The OEI is a collaborative effort among California Community Colleges (CCCs) to ensure that all students can complete their educational goals by increasing both access to and success in high-quality online courses. For the OEI to be successful CCCTC needed to converge multiple data centers and its applications into a single AWS environment to achieve high-availability, scalability, cost efficiency and highly security. CCCTC required a cloud services partner with deep DevOps talent and capacity to work with each of its application development teams to achieve these new system performance standards.
Infiniti provides cloud architecture development services for CCCTC as part of its DevOps services contract with CCCTC, that is currently scheduled to continue at least through 2021. CCCTC wishes to migrate its entire production environment to a new AWS cloud architecture over the next year. The cloud architecture design and migration strategy includes the following elements:
- Development of new AWS cloud architecture for the entire organization
- Migration services of legacy data centers (on-premise, Rackspace, and AWS) into single high performing architecture to a redundant AWS test/dev, pilot and production environment.
- DevOps with all CCCTC application teams
- SysOps and monitoring support
- Online/Helpdesk Support
- Cloud strategy development
- Data Lake
- Machine Learning & Predictive Analytics